Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dumpster Diving

I'm a dumpster diver and I am not afraid to admit it. While I don't actually score dumpsters I have been known to pull over to check out the free stuff people leave in their lanes. Most of it is crap, but if Sarah Richardson has taught me anything, it's that you may just find something with 'great lines' in the garbage.

{facebook}

Unlike Sarah I do not have a team of re-upholsterers or furniture sprayers at the ready but I do have my dad and he is willing to help me with just about anything (see banquette). And thanks to my dad I didn't have to miss out on a garbage score just because I was on my way to bootcamp ... he retrieved it for me!

And what a find this is. I've had my eye on IKEA's discontinued Meldal day bed for Eloise's big-girl bed for some time so I'm sure you can imagine my glee when I saw this exact bed in my neighbour's garbage with a 'Free' sign. I figured I would just find one on Craigslist, but you really can't beat the price of free.

{apartment therapy}

My garbage score.

Eloise is not ready for her big girl bed yet, but I would like to set it up in her room (and redecorate again?!) in the next few months so that she can get used to it before she making the move. I'm going to paint the bed too, so the most important question is: Skyscraper or Peony?





No comments:

Post a Comment