Sunday, October 21, 2012

Two Minute Makeup

Though I may not be a makeup expert, I do credit my limited abilities for preventing me from looking like a zombie in the first year of Eloise's life.

I also rarely, if ever, go makeup free. I wish I could, but thanks to dark under eye circles I wouldn't dare leave the house without at least concealer. Hormones have done a number on my skin since pregnancy as well and I am certainly starting to notice my age. I am finding that my skin requires more moisture and I have been trying out a few eye creams to combat the super dryness and new fine lines around my eyes. Ah the joys.

Time is of the essence when I'm trying to get out the door in the morning so I have perfected a routine that allows me to easily do my makeup in two minutes, five if I add eyeshadow and liner. Here's what works for me:


 Prep

I wash my face with an Eminence cream cleanser and use a Clarins moisturizer. I let this soak in while brushing my teeth and then I prime before applying makeup. My girlfriend Alex sent me a fabulous primer from Australia called Napoleon Perdis but I can't manage to find it here, so I bought one from Sephora. Their primer certainly does the job, but is not nearly as hydrating as the Napoleon Perdis. Nars makes an awesome primer too.

Conceal

I have major love for Lancome concealer. It is a great consistency and I use it on any blemish, not just under my eyes. It's also waterproof and lasts all day. I do a light dusting of loose powder to set everything (bonus: the powder I use is a drugstore bargain!)

Makeup

I like to do a bronzer-blush combo on my cheeks. I start with Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick and finish with a dusting of Nars Orgasm, the blush that looks good on everyone.

On an average day I just curl my lashes and give them a few coats of good ol' Maybelline Great Lash. But if I am going out or have a consultation I use MAC Era in combination with Sephora Duo Eyeshadow in Natural Brown. I like a subdued cat-eye, so I line my upper lids with Lancome Le Crayon Kohl which I can confidently say is the best pencil liner I have ever used.

Finish

A tube of Carmex (always in a tube and never cherry) keeps my lips moisturized and if I'm not wearing a sheer pink gloss, my go-to lip colour is Lady Bug, a bold red from MAC.

What do you do to get yourself ready for the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment