Saturday, November 10, 2012

Oh Mama.

We're going through a very intense 'mommy stage' right now and it is totally draining. Eloise does not want me out of her sight and when we're together it's not enough that she is with me, she needs to be on top of me, held by me, or at the very least holding my hand. From the moment she wakes Eloise's favourite thing right now is me.

Don't get me wrong I am thankful to have such a close bond with my child, but I am finding this neediness exhausting. It's a struggle between trying to give her what she wants and trying to get stuff done and I know that any resistance from me only causes her to cling harder. My mom says she remembers this stage well and that her pediatrician recommended that she be super clingy with me too and that eventually, I'd push her away when I'd had enough. She says it worked like a charm, but took persistence.

The time to be persistent is something I don't currently have enough of and more than anything, I'm just too tired to try something new. Giving in is the easy option all though I know it's not the answer but I am too emotionally and physically drained to argue. I just want to read a book, have the time to work out again and go on a date with Chris. I need some me time in the worst way.

No comments:

Post a Comment