Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Breech or Not

I had another ultrasound last week that confirmed the breech position of this baby. Damn.

Right away I took to researching all sorts of ways to help breech babies turn but apart from thinking positively - "I will have a natural delivery, I will have a natural delivery." - I wanted to wait to see my midwife this week for her guidance. As I've said I am open to whatever needs to be done to get this baby head down, but at the same time I am also starting to think about the possibility of another caesarean and how I can turn it into a positive experience (read: lots of drugs).

Today, however, I received wonderful news that the baby has moved since last week and the head is now very down! This is not to say that it will stay this way but I am hopeful, and who knows, maybe my positive thinking is working? I'll continue repeating my nightly mantra:

"Move head down, move head down, in my woo-oomb." Followed by, "I will have a natural delivery, I will have a natural delivery, I will have a natural delivery."

OMMMM....

No comments:

Post a Comment