Sunday, December 27, 2015

First Step

I've determined that my relationship with this blog feels like that of an old friend you've lost touch with. The kind of friend you used to speak to daily but then one day too many months pass between contact and there is a level of reluctance to reach out. It's a mixture of regret and sheepishness for letting things go and having so much to say that you don't even know where to start.


Picking up where we left off would take too much time but I will tell you this: having two children, maintaining a marriage and running a business often feels like the equivalent of a marathon, every day. There are a bizillion meals that need preparing, pick ups, drop offs, boo-boos that need tending to, mountains of laundry and thousands of questions from small people that require immediate answers. Working from home means that emails, phone calls, and social media updates must be woven into an already full day and client meetings and planning happen after bedtime. I say "just a sec" more times than I should and get frustrated at the obstacles that prevent me from going in a straight line to get things done. Too often Chris and I merely pass by - he arrives home from work as I head out the door - and we both cherish the nights where get to eat dinner and watch Netflix together.

Cliche as it may be, there are never enough hours in the day to accomplish everything and somethings gotta give. That something has been this blog. I'm not saying that I'll get back to writing daily, but this is a good first step.


No comments:

Post a Comment